5 Strategies For Weight Management — Nutrition Concepts Health Tip Of The Day [WELLNESS WEDNESDAY]
Welcome to Wellness Wednesday! As part of this initiative, each week, some of our health-focused advertisers will be providing tips and advice for leading a healthier lifestyle.
Here are five strategies to help with weight management:
- Plan your diet. It is so important to have a daily food plan. People tend to indulge in less-than-healthy snacks when they are hungry and trying to figure out what meal to get together at the last minute.
- Stick to it. When you decide that you are going to manage you weight or try and lose weight, don’t let distractions get in the way of your success. There will always be a special occasion, holiday, birthday or celebration that you will be invited to. Try and resist telling yourself that this is a one-time event. You can always have that piece of cake at the next party.
- Get physical. Get out and start moving. If you belong to a gym, use it. If you have equipment at home, take the clothes off of it and work out. Exercise is an important key in the weight management arena.
- Make calories count. Know what you are putting in your mouth. Know your food’s worth. If the calories are high, ask yourself if they are worth it. You may find that 50 percent of the time, the food you are getting ready to consume is not worth the calorie price tag.
- Change a behavior. Changing one behavior at a time can have a big impact on weight management. For instance, if you recognize that you eat when you are stressed, try a different behavior. It may not always work, but the more often you do it, the more likely it is to stick.
If you need help recognizing behaviors or how to change them, call the weight loss experts at Nutrition Concepts.