Explosion in Seattle Injuries 9 Firefighters and Evacuated Residents [VIDEO]
A natural gas explosion in Seattle injured nine firefighters and evacuated several residents in the area.
According to authorities, crews from Puget Sound Energy were working on a gas leak inside a restaurant in Seattle's Greenwood neighborhood when the explosion occurred. The blast destroyed the restaurant, along with a coffee shop and grocery store. It also heavily damaged two buildings, and blew out several windows in the area. Two nearby buildings were also evacuated.
The nine injured firefighters were all treated at the Harborview Medical Center. No other injuries or fatalities have been reported at this time, but authorities are using dogs to sniff through the rubble just in case.