Best Places To Hide Gifts From The Kids
Admit it...when you were a kid, you snooped.
I totally did. To this day, I still wish I hadn't. See, I was praying for this adorable chimpanzee puppet thing (it looked SO REAL!!!), and though I had asked Santa for it, I secretly wanted it for my birthday (12/17). I couldn't wait! I was about 8 years old, and was searching the dining room hutch, and came across a bag. I opened it. I saw the monkey. I squealed a silent squeal, and carefully put it back in the spot my mom thought was secret.
When I opened it on my birthday, I TRIED to act surprised, but I couldn't. Instead, I broke into tears. I felt SO guilty for having snooped. And my mom knew it all along. She knew I didn't want to hurt her feelings by letting on that I knew, and said she was proud of me for trying to do the right thing. I never snooped again.
In addition to what Santa brings, moms and dads everywhere try so hard to hide the gifts they've gotten for the little ones. Here's a nice little list to help:
- The attic. It's dusty, scary, and even hard for kids to get up there. Store the gifts in a big black garbage bag.
- Your underwear drawer. No kid is gonna want to dig thru that.
- Suitcases. Kids never suspect this one!
- Right in front of their eyes. Well, not completely, but store in crates/boxes, and label them with boring/frightening things kids wouldn't be interested in, IE "2007 tax receipts" or "math study guides".
- The garbage. Get an extra large can and keep it in the garage. Again, put gifts in a black garbage bag. (Just be sure you don't mix it up with the REAL garbage can!)
- Under your bed. Put gifts in bags...and surround THOSE bags with old clothes, socks, etc. and they'll think ALL of them are stuff they don't want!
- In the hamper. Stick gifts at the bottom, and cover with dirty clothes. Like your kids are going to volunteer to do laundry any time soon.....
- Your car. Keep stuff locked in the trunk. As long as the kids don't look back there while you're out shopping, they'll never think to find the keys!