Canalside Announces Upcoming Summer Attractions
Canalside's Boardwalk will be the main stage for many events this summer, as the ongoing construction of the new Explore & More Children's Museum is underway near the canals.
Be sure to add the following events to your calendar! Summer is such a short season in WNY, and Canalside is a beautiful spot to spend some of that time.
According to WGRZ, here are some can't miss summer events at Canalside:
- Canalside Boardwalk Bazaar- The Friday evening event will have live music, street performers, ParKour class, art, rock climbing wall and food from local restaurants. The event on Friday evenings features food from local restaurants The Boardwalk Bazaar starts May 26 and runs on June 9, June 23, July 7, July 21, August 11 and August 25.
- Roswell Park Cancer Institute’s will host a Wellness on the Water series is every Wednesday night, starting June 14 inside the VIP tent. Doctors and professionals from Roswell Park will educate on healthy living.
- 716 Day at Canalside, July 16 will celebrate Western New York Heritage.
- The Beach at Canalside will feature a dinosaur-themed play area with an 18-foot dinosaur.
- Canalside Kids - Series of three different weekly programs called Get Moving, Discover and Create and will take place at the Beach.
- The Buffalo History Museum will offer a new History Program every Monday from noon to 4 p.m. starting June 12. There will also be daily history and actors telling Buffalo's past along the Erie Canal.