Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting
Red Velvet is all the rage. Valentines is around the corner and Red Velvet seems to be the demand for my friends and family. I will soon have red finger tips and my kitchen will smell of Red Velvet Cake and other delights. Traditional southern Red Velvet cake comes with cream cheese frosting. This chocolate cream cheese frosting is delicious and it adds a new twist on the old. Here’s a variation on the cream cheese frosting.
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 4 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a bowl, beat together the cream cheese, 3 tablespoons milk, confectioner’s sugar, butter, vanilla, cocoa, and cinnamon to a spreadable consistency. Beat in additional milk if necessary. For a darker frosting add more cocoa or up to 4 ounces melted chocolate. Spread onto cooled cake.