Breakfast + Dessert = Cinnamon Toast Crunch Ice Cream Pie!
I absolutely love Cinnamon Toast Crunch. My favorite cereal by far.
Breakfast, lunch, dinner, late night snack — it doesn’t matter. I even like it on Facebook. So when I stumbled on to this recipe, I had to share.
I haven’t made it yet. If you do, let me know how it turns out. It sounds incredible!
What’s in it:
- About 5 cups Cinnamon Toast Crunch cereal, finely crushed to make 3 cups
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 jar (12 oz) caramel topping
- 1 carton (1/2 gallon) vanilla bean ice cream
- 2 cups finely shredded coconut
- 1 container (8 oz) whipped topping
- 1/4 cup Cinnamon Toast Crunch® cereal, uncrushed
- In ungreased 10-inch deep-dish pie plate, mix 3 cups crushed cereal and melted butter with fork until well combined. Press mixture firmly in bottom and up sides of pie plate to make crust.
- Reserve several tablespoons caramel topping for garnish. Pour remaining topping into bottom of crust.
- Allow ice cream to soften slightly while toasting coconut. In 3-quart nonstick saucepan, heat coconut over high heat, stirring constantly, until coconut is golden brown. Transfer coconut to plate; cool.
- Spoon slightly softened ice cream into large bowl. Stir in 1/2 cup of the toasted coconut. Spoon ice cream into crust-lined pie plate, using spatula to create mound in center of crust. Freeze until firm, about 1 hour.
- To serve, spread whipped topping over top of ice cream. Drizzle caramel topping over individual servings of pie; sprinkle with 1/4 cup cereal and the toasted coconut.