Community: Join us for the Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure
It's time to get your team together and get registered for the Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure, which will be on June 9th! Get the details and link to register!
The 18th Annual Susan G. Komen Western New York Race for the Cure will be held on June 9 at Buffalo RiverWorks. The Race for the Cure is much more than just a race – it’s a tribute to breast cancer survivors and those living with breast cancer, and a tribute to those who have lost their battle. The Race for the Cure includes a pre-race celebration of breast cancer survivors. All survivors and co-survivors are offered a free breakfast, courtesy of Wegmans, beginning at 7:30 a.m. on Race Day.
7:00 am - 9:45 am Race Day on-site registration
7:30 am - 8:30 am Survivor Breakfast
8:30 am - Program and Survivor Procession
10:00 am - Race for the Cure starts on Ganson Street
359 Ganson Street
Buffalo, NY 14203
Net proceeds fund local, life-saving programs for the medically underserved women in our community. Proceeds also go toward Komen’s National Research Grants Program. Susan G. Komen is the largest non-government funder of breast cancer research in the country. In Western New York, Komen has granted about $4.5 million to critical local programs offering education, transportation and treatment assistance for under-served populations
Check out pics & video from the 2017 Race for the Cure!
Here are some other articles you might enjoy!
- 2018 Summer Food and Drink Festivals in Buffalo, WNY and Canada Guide! [List]
- 2018 Spring and Summer Shows and Concerts Guide
- 9 Famous People You May Not Know Are From Buffalo
- The Most Infamous Mob Crime Families and Mafia Bosses in Buffalo [List]
- The First Prisoner Ever To Be Killed By The Electric Chair Was From Buffalo!
- The 6 Most Infamous Serial Killers From Buffalo and WNY! [List]