Fetching Sticks Can Seriously Injure Your Dog!
Not to make ya panic too much, but it's time for yet another ridiculous summer warning to freak you out. But this time, it's about the family dog.
Some veterinarians are saying splinters in your dog's mouth that come from fetching sticks can cause them to choke, bleed badly or develop a deadly infection. Even if none of those things happen, surgery to remove multiple splinters can cost a fortune.
More serious injuries happen when your dog runs full-tilt with their mouth open toward a stick you threw that got jammed in the ground.
Vets recommend never using actual sticks for fetch...but rather fake bones, rubber balls or even Frisbees.
Or as DJ thinks...anything. Literally. ANYTHING.