#FirstTweet — Celebrate The Anniversary of Twitter
On this date in 2006, Twitter launched with the first tweet by co-founder Jack Dorsey.
To celebrate the 8th birthday, Twitter launched an app that allows you to look up anyone's first tweet.
Here's mine, from my new Buffalo account:
Yep, pretty boring.
But here's some celebrity #FirstTweet madness....
1. Oprah: "Hi Twitters. Thank you for a warm welcome. Feeling really 21st century."
2. Lindsay Lohan: "@SamanthaRonson Fly safe . . . love you."
3. Katy Perry: "Just got into Berlin . . . feeling better thank you, have my Vicks inhaler by my bedside . . . and P.S. I Twitter! Gah. Such a follower!"
4. Justin Bieber: "Check out my single 'One Time' on MySpace and spread the word for me. Thanks."
5. Ellen DeGeneres: "Tis my first twitt-er. Or Tweet? Twit? Or Tweet? 'Twit or Tweet everybody.' Is this anything?"
6. Tiger Woods: "Welcome to my new Twitter page at: www.twitter.com/TigerWoods."
7. Neil Patrick Harris: "My first Tweet, peeps. I apologize in advance for my slow learning curve. Nice to (sort of) meet you. It's amazing how quickly 140 charac."
8. Bill Cosby: "Have a Tweet time, and I will write Tweet nothings in your ear."
9. William Shatner: "Learning about this fascinating site."
10. Stephen Colbert: "A well-made suit gives you the illusion of a physique."
11. Dave Matthews: "Sitting on my bus at Farm Aid. Waiting waiting. Shouldn't have had that whole burrito."
12. Taylor Swift: "Apologizing to a very needy cat for being gone so long."
13. Kourtney Kardashian: "OMG, what's going on here?? Trying to get into this."
14. David Hasselhoff: "Just met Dwyane Wade at Alonzo Mourning's retirement party just by chance. Turns out he and his grandmother loved 'Knight Rider' . . . wow!"
15. Pink: "I have officially entered the 20th century. I mean the 21st."
16. Snooki: "IDK WTF I'm doing.."
17. Kirstie Alley: "Hi everybody!!! Oh my golly, I'm the worst computer person in the world! But I just learned to Twitter!!! I'm sitting in my kitchen an"
18. Billy Ray Cyrus: "Right now I feel like Neil Armstrong. I'm takin my first step on Twitter."
19. Hugh Hefner: "Game night with the Girls. Dominoes, Uno with my babies - Crystal, Karissa, Kristina and Hope, Jayde and Brittany from Playmate House."
20. Lorde: "I think my fingernails are too short to be a member of the Twittersphere."