Last-Minute Gift Ideas For Mom
If you really want to give your mother a gift this Mother’s Day, here’s what to do:
Take on some of her most dreaded chores. You’ll make any mother’s day by taking on one of the housework tasks on her “to-do” list. Besides, cleaning won’t cost you a dime, just some elbow grease.
If you already bought your mom a plant, no worries — insist on planting it for her!
Here are some cleaning suggestions from Shelterpop:
- Scrub your mom’s tub, toilet and bathroom sink. Who enjoys chipping away at soap scum in the tub? Absolutely no one, including your mom.
- Clean out her fridge. Then stock it with gourmet goodies. Pull your mom up a chair, and she can direct you as to what in the fridge should be tossed. Use a sponge and cleaning spray to wipe down the top of the fridge, the coils and behind it.
- Do her laundry. Spend the afternoon emptying all of the hampers, and play her personal laundry service for the day. If you’ve got extra time, air-dry her clothes so they smell fresh and spring-like.
- Disinfect the kitchen trash can. No matter how clean your mom is, chances are her kitchen trash can has a bit of an odor. The job will take only a few minutes, but your mom will appreciate it in a big way.
- Pull out the stove and clean behind it. If you’re feeling ambitious, move out the bookshelves, couch and any other pieces of furniture from the walls of your mother’s house.
Mission accomplished? Now wish Mom a Happy Mother’s Day and relax!