Local Man Charged After Shooting Dog
A local man from Cattaraugus County man has been charged with animal he shot a dog in the Town of South Valley.
24-year-old Deven Dudenhoeffer admitted to shooting the dog on January 11th. An investigation into a citizen complaint led to his arrest on Wednesday, according to WKBW.
I’m still trying to figure out why anyone would even think about doing this to an animal. According to pet-abuse.com, people either know exactly why or sub-consciously these are the reasons:
- to control an animal
- to retaliate against an animal
- to retaliate against another person
- to satisfy a prejudice against a species or breed
- to express anger through an animal
- to enhance one’s own aggressiveness
- to shock people for amusement
- to displace hostility from a person to an animal
- to perform non-specific sadism
What do you think?