Local Post Offices Will Hold Passport Event
Ten local Post Offices in Western New York will hold a Passport Event this Saturday (April 30th), if you need to renew or get a passport for the first time.
Passport books will cost $135 for adults and $105 for minors, including fees and are valid for 10 years.
As an alternative, you can also apply for a Passport card, which is available for those who travel to Canada, Mexico, the Caribbean or Bermuda. The Passport card allows you to travel by land or sea and is valid for 10 years.
The Passport card costs $55 for adults and $40 for minors, including processing and acceptance fees.
Passport books and cards should be purchased several months before you plan to travel, since the process can take up to 6 weeks.
Proof of U.S. citizenship must be provided along with proof of identity, and two identical photos when applying for a Passport.
Here are the 10 locations where you can apply for a passport on Saturday...
- Akron Post Office, 118 Main St.
- Lockport Post Office, 138 East Ave.
- Orchard Park Post Office, 60 School St.
- Penfield Post Office, 2080 Fairport Nine Mile Pt. Rd.
- Victor Post Office, 21 Framark Dr.
- Beechwood Station, 300 Waring Road, Rochester
- Clymer Post Office, 8727 Route 474
- Corning Main Post Office, 198 Baker St.
- Spencer Post Office, 196 N. Main St.
- Wellsville Post Office, 40 E. Pearl St.