Lots Of Food Recalls! Here Is An Updated List And What To Avoid
It is scary when the food we eat can cause diseases. There are several states effected by this outbreak and it is always a good idea to be overly cautious about this...
To date, there are 395 cases in 15 States which include Ohio that has been hit with this Cyclospora parasite. Ohio is only 4 hours from us. You can take a look at the map here:
The Cyclospora parasite in these tainted foods can hit you a week after you consumed the food which makes it scary. The illness can last from a few days all the way up to a few months. That is crazy to think about! Here is what you need to avoid:
1. McDonald's salads. McDonald's stopped selling their salads at over 3,000 locations. The outbreak investigation found the parasite in a sample of Fresh Express salad mix of romaine lettuce and carrots that had been distributed by the restaurant chain.
2. Veggie trays. The FDA is investigating at least 237 cases of cyclospora illnesses linked to recalled Del Monte Fresh vegetable trays. The trays contained broccoli, cauliflower, carrots and dill dip, and they were sold in Iowa, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Illinois and Indiana.
3. Pasta Salad. Hy-Vee, a Midwestern grocery store chain, has recalled a pasta salad linked to at least 79 cases of salmonella illness.
(Salmonella happens roughly 12 hours to 72 days after the first initial intake and can cause diarrhea, and violent puking.)
4. Raw Turkey. This has been going on since November of last year. 90 illnesses since November and 26 states have been affected. To avoid this, you can cook turkey thoroughly, wash hands before and after handling turkey, and be careful when touching and handling turkey to prevent spreading contamination.
5. Kellogg's Honey Smacks cereal
6. Swiss Rolls
7. Ritz Cracker Sandwiches "Mondelēz Global LLC announced a recall of certain Ritz Cracker Sandwiches and other Ritz Bits products because they contain whey powder that has been recalled for possible salmonella contamination. The products are available nationwide."
The recalled product list includes Ritz Bits cheese cracker sandwiches and mixed cookie and cracker variety packs.
8. Goldfish crackers. Flavor Blasted Xtra Cheddar, Flavor Blasted Sour Cream & Onion, Goldfish Baked with Whole Grain Xtra Cheddar and Goldfish Mix Xtra Cheddar & Pretzel.
9. Hungry Man meals. "Pinnacle Foods Inc. recalled 15.25-ounce Hungry Man Chipotle BBQ Sauced Boneless Chicken Wyngz meals with a best by date of September 6, 2019. The recalled frozen microwavable dinners have the establishment number "EST. P138" or "P-138" on the package. They were shipped to retailers in Massachusetts, Pennsylvania and Virginia."
10. Turkey and Swiss Sandwiches. "Premo Brand and Fresh Grab brand turkey and Swiss submarine sandwiches that were produced July 17. They were sold at retailers in Florida, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Michigan, Minnesota, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, Wisconsin and West Virginia."
11. Imported Crab meat.