Man Eats To Much Popcorn, Sues
A man out of Colorado was eating two bags of popcorn a day. That itself is a problem. But, he ends up suing the company and store he bought the popcorn from…AND WON the lawsuit.
The microwave popcorn addict won $7.2 Million after he developed “popcorn lung”, which is developed from a chemical in diacetyl that’s used to give a popcorn a buttery flavor. He argued that there were no warning labels from either the manufacturer or the store that he bought it from. Diacetyl is no longer used in artificial flavoring and some experts see a possible link between the chemical and Alzheimer’s disease.