OPENING DAY Of The Fair: What You Need To Know
Gates to 178th Erie County Fair Open today (DAY ONE August 9) at Noon and here is what is happening and what you need to know to get the most out of your fair experience.
Before gates open there will be a short ceremony beginning at 11:30am at the Fair’s historic McKinley Parkway iron gate. The program will also include remarks by Fair Officials, introduction of the 2017 Ultimate Fairgoer and a flurry of fireworks at Noon.The national anthem will be sung by the Ladies First Quartet.
- Live in the GUSTO Grandstand: The return of the Happy Together Tour featuring Flo & Eddie of the Turtles, The Association, Chuck Negron, The Box Tops, The Cowsills & the Archies Ron Dante. The show is part of the National Grid Concert Series and will begin at 7:30pm. Tickets are still available at the Ticket Office located behind the Grandstand. Deals and Discounts
- Channel 2 Day. $2 admission and $2 parking • Canned Food Drive. Guests who bring a canned food donation receive FREE admission to the Fair. Donations benefit the Food Bank of WNY.
- One Price Ride Day. Unlimited ride wristbands are available for just $30 on the Strates Midway. Guests who pre-purchased their ride vouchers at Tops may redeem them at the Strates Ticket Booth at the top of the Avenue of Flags.
- Erie County Fair Cooks! Kitchen & Shoppe - Live Culinary Demonstrations 12:30p Independent Health Healthy Option Series - “It’s Crunch Time- Learn To Cook With Kale” 2p Independent Health Healthy Option Series - “It’s Crunch Time- Learn To Cook With Kale” 3p Niagara Falls Culinary Institute – Chef Rachel Jobert 5p WGRZ-TV’s Pete Gallivan & Chef Scott Leggett, US Foods 7:30p Chaz Bulera, US Foods Special Events
- Midway Game Inspection. The New York State Troopers and Erie County Sheriff will be inspecting the midway games to ensure they are fair for our guests. Inspection will begin around 12:30 pm.
- Ceremonial Keg Tapping. To celebrate the 2017 Erie County Fair Beer, a ceremonial keg tapping will take place at 5:00pm at the “Cork & Brew On The Avenue,” located on the Avenue of Flags. The Erie County Fair Beer was brewed by Flying Bison using the recipe of the Fair’s Homebrew Competition winner.
- Skylighters Fireworks. Opening Day will end with an actual bang when Skylighters Fireworks light the night sky. The show is scheduled to begin at 10:30pm and best viewing will be in the Grandstand, or trackside.
So enjoy, pace yourself, stay hydrated and TAKE CARE @ THE FAIR!