Preparing For The Western New York Diversity Job Fair
The WNY Diversity Job Fair is Tuesday from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the Buffalo Convention Center.
So whether you are looking for a job or looking to replace the one you have, here are some tips to help get you hired:
- Know what employers will be there and make an “A” list and “B” list.
- Bring plenty of copies of your resume. You may even need different versions, depending on what jobs you are applying for.
- Prepare a 20-30-second intro for yourself for employers.
- Prepare questions in advance for the employers but DON’T ask simple question or questions about salary. Not the place.
- Have a good handshake and make good eye contact.
- Prepare well — do research!
- Arrive early. Lines could be long. You don’t want to miss out on your “A” selections.
- Collect business cards.
Good luck on your search!