RECIPE: Cheesy Broccoli
There is something so good about cheese. You can add it to anything and the taste is better than ever. If your little one won’t eat broccoli. This will make him or her run to the table in excitement. Use only fresh broccoli for this recipe.
- 8 cups fresh broccoli
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 1/4 cups whole
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 cups shredded american & swiss cheese
- 2 eggs, beaten
- Preheat oven to 325
- Place broccoli in a steamer over 1 inch of boiling water, and cover. Cook until tender but still firm, about 2 to 6 minutes. Drain.
- Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat and add flour; cook until bubbly. Stir in onion and gradually add milk, stirring well. Bring to a boil and cook for 1 minute. Remove from heat and season with salt and pepper. Stir in cheese and eggs; mix well. Combine mixture with broccoli and transfer to a 9 x 13 inch casserole dish.
- Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes.