Recipe: Fudge Brownies
When you want chewy chocolate decadence ,a brownie is all you need. I rarely make brownies, because I can't control myself. That poor brownie doesn't stand a chance in my kitchen. I have tried to cover, hide and ignore this brownie. I always add a little peppermint extract for a gooey minty brownie. Indulge
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup Flour
- 2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract, divided
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- 2 cups (12 oz. pkg.) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 (14 oz.) can Sweetened condensed milk
- Dash salt
- heat oven 350°F. Line 13 x 9-inch pan with foil, extending foil over edges of pan. Coat foil with no-stick cooking spray.
- beat butter, sugar, flour, cocoa, baking powder, eggs, milk and 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla in large bowl. Stir in nuts, if desired. Spread in prepared pan.
- bake 40 minutes or until brownies begin to pull away from sides of pan. After 30 minutes, prepare topping.
- mlet chocolate chips, sweetened condensed milk, salt and remaining 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla in heavy saucepan over low heat. Spread over hot brownies immediately after done baking. Cool. Chill. Lift brownies from pan using edge of foil. Cut into bars.