RECIPE: Kahlua Trifle
The Chocolate affair is next week !! This week is about the love of chocolate. I have suggested Duncan Hines cake mix because it's so moist. Try this easy trifle and let me know what you think.
- 1 package Duncan Hines chocolate cake mix
- 1 cup Kahlua
- 2 packages instant chocolate pudding mix
- 6 Skore bars or chocolate covered toffee bars, chopped
- 2 (12 ounce) containers frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 (1 ounce) square semisweet chocolate
- Prepare chocolate cake according to package directions, and bake in a 9x13-inch pan. Cool. Cut into squares and pour coffee-flavored liqueur over cake. Prepare chocolate pudding according to package directions.
- In large trifle bowl or other glass bowl, crumble half of cake. Top cake with half of chocolate pudding, half of crumbled candy bars, and one container of whipped topping. Repeat layering. Shave chocolate with a vegetable peeler for garnish. Keep refrigerated until serving