RECIPE: Lemon Berry Cupcakes
I heard the funniest thing from a 7 year old today. He said there's no school on Monday because of the snowstorm. I said really .. It's Saturday. Just in case he's right here's something to do. Baking is always fun for everyone and the kids love to eat cupcakes and so do I. Here's a fav cupcake recipe. enjoy !!
- Preheat oven to 350
- Line 24 muffin cups with paper liners.
- Cream sugar and 1/2 cup butter in the bowl of a stand mixer until fluffy. Beat in eggs, one at a time, and mix 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract into mixture with the second egg.
- Beat in flour and baking powder until thoroughly combined; beat in milk, lemon juice, and lemon zest to make a smooth batter.
- Spoon the batter into the prepared muffin cups.
- Bake in the preheated oven until cupcake edges are slightly golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center of a cupcake comes out clean, 20 to 25 minutes. Cool cupcakes completely.
- Beat 1 cup butter with 1 teaspoon vanilla extract and salt until smooth and creamy. Beat in confectioners' sugar, 1 cup at a time, to make a creamy frosting. Beat in blackberry jam. Spread frosting on cooled cupcakes.