RECIPE: Mexican Mole Sauce
I love the flavor of a good Mexican Mole sauce. Make this sauce and serve with a store brought rotisserie chicken and rice. Don’t forget the tortilla and lime. Who says chocolate is just for dessert. Drizzle a little extra chocolate sauce for an extra kick of chocolate.
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried cilantro
- 1/8 tablespoon dried minced garlic
- 1 (14 ounce) can chopped tomato
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chile peppers
- Heat the oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat, and cook the onion until tender. Mix in cocoa powder, cumin, cilantro, sugar and garlic. Stir in the tomato and green chile peppers. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer 15 minutes. Transfer to a gravy boat or pour directly over food to serve.