RECIPE: Parmesean Scampi Tilapia
Todays recipe word of the day has helped to inspire this evening's dish of what's for dinner. You can never go wrong with a great scampi fish dinner, served with wild rice, asparagus and a glass of chardonnay or lemon water.
- 3/4 cup butter
- 1 1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 8 cloves garlic, halved
- 1/4 cup parmesean cheese
- 4 (6 ounce) tilapia fillets, rinsed and patted dry
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley
- Preheat an oven to 375 ; prepare a baking dish with cooking spray.
- Combine the butter, lemon juice, cheese and garlic in a microwave-safe bowl; heat in microwave in 10-second increments until the butter is completely melted and the garlic has softened, stirring between each session, about 1 minute total.
- Arrange the tilapia in the bottom of the prepared baking dish; pour the butter mixture over the fillets assuring they are all evenly covered. Sprinkle the parsley over the tilapia.
- Bake in the preheated oven, turning the fillets every 10 minutes, until the fish flakes easily with a fork, about 40 minutes total.