RECIPE: Raspberry White Chocolate Sauce
This is a great white chocolate raspberry sauce. The addition of thyme is a bit unexpected. Once the sauce has cooled, pour it into a squeeze container and decorate your chilled dessert plate. Try applying the sauce in an S pattern or you can always write your message.
3 pints raspberries
3 tablespoons granulated cane sugar
1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
2 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves
9 ounces white chocolate, coarsely chopped
2 tablespoons butter soft
1. Purée the raspberries in a food processor, then sift to remove the seeds
2. Put the berry purée in a small saucepan and stir in the sugar. Place over medium heat, bring to a simmer, and cook, stirring occasionally with a rubber spatula, until the purée reduces.
3. Put the cream and thyme in a small saucepan. Place over medium heat, bring to a boil, and remove from the heat. Remove the thyme from the mixture with a strainer
4. Add the raspberry purée and the chocolate to the hot cream. Whisk until the chocolate is melted.
5. Pour the sauce into blender and blend until smooth. Add the butter and again blend until smooth.
6. Use . or refrigerate.