RECIPE: Strawberry Cake
Strawberry season is right on time. Here’s a great strawberry cake to enjoy with a cup of iced Coffee. It is best to bake these in decorative mini bundt single serving pans. Drizzle a simple glaze over your strawberry cake to com[lete the plate. Try your best not to fall asleep after eating this, it is a dense rich cake. Zzzzzzzzzzz.
- 1 lb fresh strawberries
- 1 cup butter flavored shortening (crisco) or two Crisco butter sticks
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup buttermilk
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon almond and strawberry extract
- Chop the strawberries. Cream shortening and sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Combine the dry ingredients; add to creamed mixture alternately with buttermilk. Stir in strawberries and extracts.
- Pour into a greased and tube pan. Bake at 325 degrees F for 1-1/4 hours or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes; remove from the pan to a wire rack.