Rob Banks’ Top 10 Resolutions for 2013
One word that does not describe my life, at all: SMOOTH. Therefore, it’s not very hard to come up with a bunch of resolutions for myself.
1. Save Money. AND STOP BUYING STUPID STUFF I DON’T NEED.
2. Be more contentious of where I put things. Yesterday, I got this recorder device thing for my guitar. I lost the batteries I had for it so I decided to just get new ones. When I grabbed the new ones, I couldn’t find the recorder. I LOOSE EVERYTHING.
3. Play my banjo. Last year, I decided I wanted to learn how to play the banjo and it is a riot to play but, I wanted to be reeaalll good. I haven’t played the last half of the year so, last night I played for two hours.
4. Change my sheets on the weekly basis. Do you know how much gross stuff is in your sheets from just sleeping in them for a week….and usually I shower before I go to bed and not when I wake up.
5. Write more songs. Nothing new. Usually don’t have a problem on this one.
6. I know this is the staple of resolutions, but I am going to work out more. I have greatly lacked in the end of 2012. But…don’t worry if you already go to the gym I know how much you hate when everyone floods the gym right after the New Year like it’s going out of style…I’ll be working out at home.
7. Now, going hand in hand with #6, I was put up to the challenge to not eat fast food for the month of January. I tried in December…lasted a week. Here’s to 2013! Goodbye McDouble, Rodeo Burgers & Frostys. (Does Subway count as fast food?)
8. Buy a snowmobile. I’m obsessed.
9. Buy a new car. I have a summer car and a winter truck and let me tell you, it’s getting annoying putting one away, switching insurances, yada yada. Time to consolidate.
10. Stop Swearing so much.
But, maybe I should follow Laura Daniels’ advice: “I don’t make resolutions, I make intentions”