Summer Is Here + So Is The Road Construction!
If you are traveling around Buffalo, you will see lots of construction on some of the major roadways!
The New York State Department of Transportation says:
- Route 33 inbound will have lane closures between Suffolk Street and Delevan Avenue, Monday through Friday this week, from 9 a.m. until 3 p.m. daily, and again from 7 p.m. ’til 7 a.m. nightly.
- Route 33 outbound between Tupper Street and Elm Street will also experience lane closures between 6 a.m. and 3 p.m. daily and from 6 p.m. ’til 6 a.m. at night.
- I-290 westbound between the I-990 and I-190 will be subject to lane closures from 7 p.m. until 6 a.m., Monday through Wednesday.
- I-290 eastbound between I-190 and NY Route 384 (Delaware Avenue) will be subject to lane closures from 7 p.m. until 6 a.m. on Thursday to allow for highway paving.
- On Friday, the I-190 northbound ramp to I-290 eastbound and the Grand Island Boulevard (NY Route 324) ramp to I-190 northbound and I-290 eastbound will be closed to all traffic from 11 p.m. until 6 a.m. A posted detour will direct traffic.
For real-time travel information, you can call the DOT at 511 or visit www.511ny.