Joe Wants YOU to Support the Niagara Falls Boys & Girls Club! [CHARITY CHALLENGE]
The Niagara Falls Boys & Girls Club is a non-profit, informal educational organization that undertakes individual, small group and mass initiatives to give local youth the opportunity to develop and achieve their maximum potential. The Boys & Girls Club’s services are designed to provide its members with health, social, educational, cultural, vocational, character and leadership development.
Examples of some of the programs offered by the Niagara Falls Boys & Girls Club include:
- Extended Day, providing before- and after-school activities for children ages 4-12.
- A 15-week gymnastics class for girls grades K-12.
- Woodshop classes for children ages 9-17.
- The Biddy Basketball League, the longest-running league of its kind in Western New York. All youth ages 7-14 who are not playing JV basketball are welcome.
- After-school tutoring for students ages 6-17.
- Rent-A-Kid, a referral service for local businesses and homeowners who need help with odd jobs from young adults ages 14-18. The program has been in place since 1980.
For the past 20 years, I’ve served as Master of Ceremonies for the Niagara Falls Boys & Girls Club’s yearly auction. I support the organization because I believe their programs are very innovative and provide a necessary outlet for those involved.
Charitable and non-profit organizations are hurting, losing donations and government-provided funding due to the economy. The 96.1 Joy FM staff passed the hat around the office and each selected a charity we think deserves the $1,000 we have to give away. Cast your vote for your favorite charity between midnight on Monday, July 9, and midnight on Monday, July 23. Joe, Cheryl and Keith will announce the winner that morning on Buffalo’s Morning Show.