The Best Sunscreens For You
Shopping for sunscreen can be confusing. Prices vary quite a bit, and then all the scientific lingo, UV Rays and SPF’s. I never know which one to choose. But, now, Consumer Reports is out with a list of top sunscreens.
MedicineNet.com reports Consumer Reports tested 22 sunscreens, three earned a “best buy” rating and six others are “recommended.” The findings are based on providing the best protection from UVB Rays (which cause sunburn) and UVA Rays (linked to aging and tanning).
• Up & Up Sport SPF 30
• No-Ad with Aloe and Vitamin E SPF 45
• Equate Baby SPF 50
Six others were recommended:
• Banana Boat Sport Performance SPF 30
• Coppertone Sport Ultra Sweatproof SPF 30
• CVS Fast Cover Sport SPF 30
• Walgreens Sport SPF 50
• Ocean Potion Kids Instant Dry Mist SPF 50
• Banana Boat Sport Performance SPF 100
Consumer reports does add that pregnant women are advised to avoid sunscreen containing retinyl palmitate, an ingredient that could possibly increase the risk of birth defects.