Kids -- sometimes they just don’t know any better. That's certainly true of this toddler, who decided to swallow 42 refrigerator magnets. FORTY TWO!! Apparently, his mother realized all the magnets were gone when she caught him on the last one.

When she saw him swallow the one, she had to assume she knew exactly where the other 41 went. Inside the one-year-old’s stomach, of course. Magnets are very dangerous to be ingested, too. Besides the obvious choking hazard, they cause infection, perforations, blockage and poisoning. The child went into emergency surgery, and all the magnets have been removed, but how scary.

What do you think? Should those magnets been out of reach of him? Bad parenting? Or just a horrible mistake?