6 Weird Tricks To Make You More Productive At Work
Strangely enough, most of these “tricks” are either the exact opposite of what you’d expect, or just slightly left of center.
Either way, we could all use a little help in this arena, no?
- Leave work early – You tend to work more slowly when you have more time, but if you know you’re leaving early, you’ll work faster rather than leave things undone.
- DON’T multitask – Easier said than done, but doing two things at once just means you’re distracted from both. Give one thing your full attention, then move on to the next.
- DON’T read the news – Regardless of what kind of news it is, it takes brain power. And your brain gets sleepy as the day wears on, so catch up on news at home and save your best thinking for work.
- Exercise BEFORE work – Again, easier said than done…but since exercise brings glucose and oxygen to the brain, you’ll think better for about two hours afterwards. They also recommend doing jumping jacks here and there during the day. Good luck with that.
- Eat berries and other snacks – Berries are high in antioxidants and improve memory and coordination. Small snacks also keep your energy up. If you’re doin’ berries, though, also include something high in protein to avoid the sugar crash.
- Work in a yellow room – They say yellow suppresses melatonin, the hormone that makes you sleepy. If you can’t paint your walls at work, try to let in as much natural light as possible, and maybe even pick a yellow background image for your computer screen!