What Tactic Has Your Kid Used to Postpone Going to Bed?
"But we ALWAYS read 17.5 books before bed!"
Kids are expert negotiators when it comes to bed time.
Netflix conducted a survey and found the average kid manages to delay bed time for 19 minutes and 18 seconds.
Most kids (66%) use stalling tactics to stay up later. The most common techniques:
- Negotiating (killing time in the process)
- Claiming they're SO hungry or SO thirsty
- Flattering mom/dad
- Moving as slowly as possible
- Tricking you (distracting you)
- Pretending they forgot it's time for bed
- Taking all their clothes off in protest
The international survey also found our kids stall almost 2 full minutes more than kids in other countries!
What tactics have YOUR kids used to squeak out a few extra minutes of non-bedtime?