When Do Relationships Fail?
Facebook as a guide to when relationships fail? CNN reports that British journalist and graphic designer David McCandless scraped 10,000 status updates for the words "break up" or "broken up" and then graphed the results. The five most likely times for breaking up are, in order:
- After Valentine's Day – A realization that the relationship is not worth continuing.
- The weeks leading up to spring break -- This impacts college students the most, too much temptation.
- Two weeks before Christmas -- Why spend a lot of money on someone you don't really like?
- April Fool's Day – except its real!
- Monday -- The most likely day of the week on which you'll hear the word farewell is Monday.
The least likely times to break up: Christmas Day, Summer and Fall.