Where To Find Your ‘Secret’ Facebook Messages + Another Smartphone Hacks
"But I sent you a message on Facebook!"
Ever heard that from someone you're NOT friends with on Facebook, only to check your messages and STILL not see the message?
Turns out, for some unknown reason, some of your messages go to some super obscure, double secret probation folder that you can only access by going through a series of 5 steps.
In other words, you NEVER would have found this on your own. The steps are:
- Open Facebook Messenger on your phone
- Hit "settings" or the little person outline (it's up in the upper right hand corner)
- Hit "people"
- Hit "message requests"
- Hit "see filtered requests"
- Have your mind blown
Along the same lines, here's a cool smartphone hack if you have an iPhone and are running out of space! I "borrowed" this information from a colleague in Florida, and I'm an Android user, so I can't validate it, but give it a shot, and let me know if it works for you!
- Go to iTunes store, search for a LONG film (IE Casino, Gone with the Wind, etc)
- The film MUST BE BIGGER than the amount of space you have left on your device. Otherwise, you may be charged. So check that first!
- Click "Rent" and a prompt comes up telling you you don't have enough storage. You'll then have the option of clicking "OK" or "Settings".
- Click "Settings".
- You'll see, since the phone TRIES to make room for you and wipes old updates out, your storage available will have INCREASED.
- Once it makes more room (from 1 to 6 GB), you don't need to continue with the rental, because the lack of space will stop it from happening.
Boom! You've got more space!