Who Topped the Box Office this Weekend?
So who do you think topped the Box Office this weekend? Give you a hint... Natalie Portman was in this film! No Strings Attached" is putting a Natalie Portman film at the top of box office for the first time in five years. The romantic comedy -- which features Portman opposite Ashton Kutcher -- earned about 20-point-three-million dollars in its North American debut over the weekend. In the film, Portman and Kutcher play characters who enter into a "friends with benefits" relationship that gets complicated. "The Green Hornet" starring Seth Rogen, meanwhile, slipped to second with 18-point-one million in ticket sales. In third, was the Vince Vaughn-Kevin James comedy "The Dilemma," which pulled in an additional nine-point-seven-million dollars. Rounding out the top five were the critically-acclaimed "The King's Speech" and "True Grit." "The King's Speech," which recently won a Golden Globe for actor Colin Firth, raked in nine-point-two-million dollars, bringing its total North American box office to 58-point-six-million dollars. "True Grit" starring Jeff Bridges wrangled up eight-million dollars this weekend. That film's cumulative take is now north of 138-and-a-half million dollars.
Here are the top ten draws at the North American box office for the three-day weekend beginning Friday, January 21st.
1. No Strings Attached - 20-point-three-million dollars
2. The Green Hornet - 18-point-one-million dollars
3. The Dilemma - nine-point-seven-million dollars
4. The King's Speech - nine-point-two-million dollars
5. True Grit - eight-million dollars
6. Black Swan - six-point-two-million dollars
7. The Fighter - four-point-five-million dollars
8. Little Fockers - four-point-four-million dollars
9. Yogi Bear - four-point-one-million dollars
10. Tron: Legacy - three-point-seven-million dollars
Courtesy of Metro Source